Karnataka is one of the major southern states in Indian Cape, as it is endowed with rich natural exquisiteness and wonderful monuments, all are constructed by the former massive monarchs such as the Vijayanagar Kingdom, Hoysala dynasty, Chalukyas, and many more. Visitors are fascinated from all over the world to this fascinating land to appreciate the sporadic gorgeousness of these prehistoric memorials and the natural splendor. Karnataka also has opulent wildlife reserves and gorgeous cataracts. However, there are lots of attention-grabbing destinations in Karnataka.
Here a few top Historical place in Karnataka are mentioned below
Historical Place in Karnataka
1. Hampi is historical place in Karnataka:
Situated 350 km away from Bangalore, Hampi was the great capital of renowned Vijayanagar Empire, who governed South India from 14th to 16th century AD. After the devastation by the aggressors, what actually continue these days are the wrecks of Hampi, and the place is speckled in just around 26 sq.km in area which is amongst enormous rocks and foliage that mutely explaining the tales of the magnificent era of their Empire. Hampi damages, a world heritage site now, is filled with colossal shrines, royal palaces, market boulevards, marine structures, battlements and plenty of other primeval monuments.
- Tourist places: There is a profusion of remarkable tourist spots near Hampi are Pattadakal, Vijaya vittala temple, Anegundi, Aihole, Badami, Daroji Royal Enclosure, Sloth Bear Sanctuary, King's Balance, and lots more.
- Best time to visit: The pleasant months to visit Hampi are from October to February.
- Nearest Railway Station: The closest railway station is in Hospet, and it takes up to 30 minutes. However, there are many trains that run to Hospet every week from Bangalore and Goa.
- Nearest Airport: The next-door airport to Hampi is the Belgaum airport which is placed about 270 km away. Bangalore airport, however, is 300 km far-off from Hampi.
2. Pattadakkal is historical place in Karnataka:
The holy arcade at Pattadakal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the place is positioned on the panels of the River Malprabha. Pattadakal is most eminent for its 8th-century temples, constructed by Chalukya kings throughout their sovereignty. These are constructed in the permutation of North Indian and South Indian elegances.
- Tourist attractions: Plenty of stunning places to view in Pattadakkal are Virupaksha Temple, Kashiviswanatha Temple, Jain temple, Sangameshwara Temple, Papanatha Temple, and more.
- Best time to visit: October to March is the ideal months to visit Pattadakal and at this time the weather is very pleasing. Monsoons time from July to September is also the best time to visit Pattadakal.
- Nearest Railway Station: Badami is the adjoining rail network that is situated just around about 22 km from Pattadakal
- Nearest Airport: The nearby airport is at Belgaum, placed around 180 km from Pattadakal.
3. Belur-Halebid is historical place in Karnataka
Belur-Halebid is located at 220 km from Bangalore on the sets of river Yagachi, in Hassan Region, Belur was earlier the capital city of the Hoysala Empire, who led Karnataka throughout 11th and 12th centuries. They built the gorgeous star designed Chennakeshava shrine at Belur, and it took almost 103 years and 3 eras to complete the job. 16 km away places in Halebid, which is also world-renowned for its glorious places of worship, established on an elevated platform. Halebid was their prior capital throughout the 12th and 13th centuries AD when it was popular as Dwarasamudra. However, later 87 years of lengthy effort, the job was never finished at Halebid. One can perfectly spend their beautiful days together appreciating the splendor of these architecture phenomena.
- Tourist attractions: The most visited closes tourist destinations in Belur-Halebid encompass City Shopping, Chennakesava Temple, Hoysaleswara Temple, Basadi Halli, Archaeological Museum, Kedareswara Temple, Yagachi Dam, Shantaleswara Temple, and many more.
- Best time to visit: The most favorable time to visit Halebid is between the agreeable months of October and February.
- Nearest Railway Station: The contiguous railway stations to Halebid are Mysore, Mangalore, and Hassan. These rail networks are well-connected to different cities in the country
- Nearest Airport: The closest domestic airport to Halebid is Mysore Airport and takes up to three hours’ drive away. Another nearest international airport is Kempegowda International Airport situated in Bangalore.
4. Bijapur is historical place in Karnataka
Bijapur has placed 530 km from Bangalore, Bijapur is well-known for the breathtaking historical monuments like Gol Gumbaz, which is the second biggest crypt in the world. In the rounded gallery of Gol Gumbaz, visitors can see its ultimate wonder.
- Tourist attractions: Must visit the most stunning tourist attractions in Bijapur which include Gol Gumbaz, Ibrahim Rauza, Jumma Masjid, Citadel houses palaces, Mithari and Asar Mahals, Bijapur Fort, and etc..
- Best time to visit: October to February is the pleasant months to visit Bijapur
- Nearest Railway Station: The adjacent airport is the Sambre airport situated at Belgaum and is about 213km away from Bijapur.
- Nearest Airport: The closest airport is Sambre airport that is well-connected to Mumbai and Bangalore.
5. Shravanabelagola is historical place in Karnataka
Shravanabelagola is beautifully positioned at 147 km from Bangalore and 83 km from Mysore at Hassan Area; Shravanabelagola is one of the eminent and world famous Jain pilgrim hubs. Shravanabelagola is lodged between Vindhyagiri and Chandragiri peaks. A massive robust effigy (58 ft) of Bhagawan Bahubali (Lord Gomaetheswara), believed to be the world’s major giant statue, is standing on the Vindhyagiri mountains as a memorial of peace.
- Tourist attractions: Discover the immaculate tourist places nearby Shravanabelagola comprise Gomateshwara Statue, Bhandaribasadi Temple, Vindhyagiri Temple, Akkanabasadi Temple, Jaina Math, Chandragiri Temple, Kalamma Temple, and Shopping in Sravanabelagola, and others.
- Best time to visit: The best and agreeable months to visit Shravanabelagola are from October to March.
- Nearest Railway Station: Shravanabelagola has its own Railway Station known as Shravanabelagola Railway Station. It is well-linked to all the various towns of Karnataka and other cities.
- Nearest Airport: The adjoining International Airport is Bengaluru International Airport.
6. Badami is historical place in Karnataka
This remarkable ancient city is most popular for the innovative cave shrines constructed by Chalukya kings, who ruled Deccan in 6th and 7th centuries and Badami was their capital city. Amongst the pillar-cut and essential monuments, the most luxuriantly adorned are the cave temples, which are engraved into the bluff on the southern sideways. There are four different cave temples in Badami. The natural ambiances augment the artistic charm of these cave temples.
- Tourist attractions: The major tourist spots in Badami are Agastya Lake, Badami Cave Temples, Mahakuteshwara Temple, Sangameshwara Temple, Lad Khan Temple, and many others.
- Best time to visit: The pleasant months to visit Badami are from July to March. There are lowest instabilities in the temperature all through the year.
- Nearest Railway Station: The adjacent railway station to Badami is in Hubli which is located 100 km away from this town.
- Nearest Airport: The adjoining airports to Badami are Hubli is just about 106 km away and Belgaum is just about 150 km away from this city.
7. Mysore is historical place in Karnataka
The Majestic urban of Palaces is located 140 km away from Bangalore. Previously, Mysore was the capital city of the Empire of Mysore from 1399 to 1947. Glorious Mysore Palace, a former clutch of the sovereign Wodeyar Kingdom is the palace that fetches together of Hindu, Islamic, Gothic and Rajput styles. Mysore is also strikingly bestowed with pleasant climate and opulent heritage, wonderful palaces, gorgeously designed parks or gardens, and zoo.
- Tourist Attractions : The best way to explore the Mysore city by visiting Sri Nandi Temple, Brindavan Gardens, Mysore Palace, Lalitha Mahal, Jagmohan Palace, Karanji Lake, Chamundi Hills, Chamundeshwari Temple, Sri Chamarajendra, Railway Museum, St. Philomena Church, GRS Fantasy Park, and KRS Dam Zoological Gardens, Planet X, Melody World Wax Museum, and many more.
- Best time to visit: However, monsoons and winter are the best time to visit Mysore. The pleasant times to visit throughout monsoon - winter months from July to February.
- Nearest Railway Station: Mysore is well-connected with a profusion of trains to Bangalore. You can also get on the super-fast luxury express train is the Shatabdi Express that connects from Mysore to Madras.
- Nearest Airport : The adjacent airport to Mysore is the new Bangalore International Airport, which is placed at about 170 kilometers away.
Karnataka really deserves this name for swaggering diverse places that explain a different tale of their own. Karnataka has countless monuments that grasp their prominence due to their rich legacy, opulent heritage and uniqueness. Karnataka is extremely rich in nature’s plenteousness and flora and fauna. It also holds 5 national parks and 25 wildlife national park. Therefore, without a doubt, as the state has appeared as a famous and incredible tourist destination with a historic ancient.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/indiashoppers/public_html/blog-section/view/post.php on line 305